Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We were blessed by a teaching by Bambi Shen on Sunday, and she did a special loving-kindness practice for people in our lives with whom we have difficulty. Many asked for a copy. Here it is:

"Breathe into your heart area. Now think of a difficult person, a person that you need to forgive, or a person who needs to forgive you.

We recognize that the difficult person in our life, is often our most valuable teacher.

Take this person into your heart, strive to undestand, and say to him or to her, in all sincerity:

Please forgive me if I have ever caused you pain and suffering through my desire.

Please forgive me if I have ever been impatient with you.

Please forgive me if I have ever spoken ill of you.

Please forgive me if I have ever judged you or made you feel inadequate.

Please forgive me if I ever looked at you through the eyes of prejudice or dissatisfaction.

Please forgive these things of me so that I may give more freely to you.

Now, my dear friend, just as I wish to be happy,

may you be happy and peaceful, may you be happy and peaceful;

may you be healthy in mind and in body, may you be healthy in mind and in body;

may you be safe and protected in all ways, may you be safe and protected in all ways;

may you be free from suffering, may you be free from suffering."


Blessings to everyone on this glorious spiritual path of awakening.

No comments: